Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Team Educator Effectiveness Screencast

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.
Reflection: The screencast my team and I developed on the Educator Effectiveness Initiative serves several useful purposes as we look for ways to “advocate, nurture, and sustain a school CULTURE and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.” After our hour of work, we produced a video that shows what is possible when a principal combines an understanding of technology with an understanding that all staff development cannot happen during the contracted work day. We clearly addressed S3g because developing a better understanding of the broad strokes regarding Educator Effectiveness showed that we “understand employment issues.” More importantly, I believe is the insight I gained into my “understanding of instructional leadership.” I see the screencasts as a way to engage my staff much better by providing an avenue for “flipping” the faculty meeting by allowing me to disseminate necessary information prior to a faculty meeting, freeing me to actively work with staff as their instructional leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment